WHO ARE THE TRANSHIPPERS?

Qattarra

• 2 weeks later...
I'd love to bring in some fancy bettas from Preecha but with Katherine MIA I don't know if it'll be possible. Anyone have any insight? Sue

Hung and Zena in ontario are the closest. We really could use someone out here!!!

humm... I am bringing in Betta's here shortly... Q...

I have tried to contact Hung, he doesn't respond to e-mail requests.. rather disappointed...

Pm me, too Q I have quite a few betta's for sale atm... you could drop in and take a pick of which ones you would like :)

Don't know what's happening with hung as his website is down. I did get some fish from him before xmas. Black mumba, how's about you get a transhipping license? Please, please, please!!

I believe becoming a transhipper is alot of work not sure if it would be worth my while... I could possibly do it, but then again I wouldn't know how to begin to do it either... and it would have to be profitable to put my time and energy into it, without shooting myself in the foot at the same time :unsure:

Thanks BM, I just may do that .

If you look for "Preecha" as a seller on Aquabid and other selling sites you'll see some of the specimens he has . I just love the black orchid strains. The solid color variants are the others I really like . I'm not so fond of the mixed colors , although beautiful . Just 2 examples of what I like.

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/auction/auc...&1234424538

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/auction/auc...&1234971194

Yeah, Boourns we looked into this before... somehow I know that Katherine in Calgary was doing the Transhipping before not sure how, fishgirl if you can find out more information and pass it onto me that will help...

... I wouldn't do it for Sulwesi shrimp because of the mortality rate... but betta's I don't know.. if someone knew how to do it, and would pass this information onto me if its possible to do then I would do some further research... unfortuantely I wouldn't know how to begin...

Q, the first picture of the halfmoon coloration... You will have to come by to see something... I don't have pure Halfmoon, but I may have something you will be interested in... they are too small yet... but I am pretty confident they will be stunning ~~~ and the coloration is very close to the first one :) plus they have imbellis/double tail as a background.. hum.. let me show you their father... if I can find him... i will repost the photo...

DoubleTailmale.jpg

Now, non of the fry have the double tail... but if they were to spawn their is a probablity they would produce the DoubleTail :thumbs:

Also, he is a Imbellis Cross Splenden.. and the mother is a Halfmoon.. I am expecting some very beautiful betta's they are already very shiney metalliac .. greenish blue...

Plus this guy has a Full Mask, which is hard to come by in Betta's.. what that means is the coloration is all over the body as well as face.. most betta's do not have a mask.. they have a dark face or light face.. coloration is not found all over... :) I don't see the babies having a full mask but they are still young yet and not fully colored up yet...

Has anyone found any information out regarding transhippers... no shipments from Asia can be directly shipped to Edmonton... as I figured...

And the transhippers for Canada aren't answering e-mails and the cell number posted on Aquabid belongs to a woman who says Hung does not have that number any longer.

Qattara You mentioned you like the black orchid strains betta's.. I have something you might be interested in.. I will post a video of him later tonight.. not sure if he is Orchid but I like him... he is different..

I am pretty certain he is Halfmoon I will have check him out...

But, I am also looking to get more breeding Halfmoons/plakats/wild type on an ongoing basis for my breeding stock... so anyone who knows any information I would appreciate it...

Sorry Fishclubgirl, I am unable to be a transhipper unless they open Alberta as a Port of Entry which won't happen until early 2012..

He is beautiful , no doubt.

I do like the full look of the HM or even OHM . The orchid strain I believe is seen by the series of spots , the rose tail is lovely too with the scalloped fringe. When it comes to bettas I likes'em purdy . ;D

He is beautiful , no doubt.

I do like the full look of the HM or even OHM . The orchid strain I believe is seen by the series of spots , the rose tail is lovely too with the scalloped fringe. When it comes to bettas I likes'em purdy . ;D

Okay Qattarra.. this is the one I thought you would like the first boy on the video, is OMG too.. but the one the video is most focused on he looks black.. this video does NOT do them justice.. at all but I think it shows how beautiful he truely is..

th_HMBlackandBlueBettas.jpg