20 gallon tank

wicked

Ok here the story I have 2 Angels, 2 red fins rams, 1 black skirty, 1 platy and a gold dust pleco. Could I put in a couple of small schooling fish or would that be to many for a twenty gallon tank. The tank just does not seem to have much movement in it and was hoping to get a little more contrast with a schooling type fish.

Any suggestions would be great.

You could probably add a few small fish if you like I am guessing you probably have approx. 12" of fish in your tank, guessing the red rams are only a couple inches each, angels at three inches each and the skirt and molly around one or so inch each. You could probably add a few more small fish...

When you're looking at 'overstocking' a tank, you want to make sure there is adequate filtration to handle all of the fish waste. I once had a 21gal tank w. 4 discus, 5 red rams, and over 50 cardinal tetras! It was a show tank at a Trade-show, and there was no shortage of movement in that tank, I tell you! But, it also had the filtration most people would put on a 50+ gal system (of course, those fish soon moved to a 50+gal system ;) ).

So, if you have double or tripple the filtration recommended for your 20 gal (a couple HOBs, or an HOB-canister combo) you should be fine adding a school of 6 or so schooling fish. Keep in mind that angels will eat cardinals and neons if they can even remotely get close to fitting them in their mouths.