Could I fit these fish in a 260 Gallon

Erin

Ok so I fnally have my husband on board with me getting an arowana. He also is okay with me getting some oscars. So we went to agua giant to look at tanks.. they have a 260Gallon tank... Would that be big enough for one Aro, and 3 oscars?

Thanks.

Oooo is so excited... Hopefully everyone says its should be ok! I'm looking forward to all this. We plan on putting it in the family room when we buy our house... again this will be 3 to 4 years from now... BUT I'm dreaming of it now... Really I'm not joking I dream about it at night LOL. I feel in love with these fish just before our wedding when I went into happy nails in West ed and saw their beast in there. I had no clue what it was. The girl kept calling it a dragon fish... So when I got home I looked it up. from there on out I was hooked.. I showed my hubby the baby and adults at Agua giant, and he likes them but was against having a fish that would be fed smaller fish, So I looked into it and found that I didn't have to feed them small fish. NOW he wants one too!

Your question about Oscars reminded me of this advice from rED O:

For the information I know about oscars, 3 is a bad idea. The chances are that the two tigers you have right now will beat up the new oscar If you have 3 oscars, 2 will pick on one. I am not saying it wont work out but I strongly recommend against it.

Your question about Oscars reminded me of this advice from rED O:
For the information I know about oscars, 3 is a bad idea. The chances are that the two tigers you have right now will beat up the new oscar If you have 3 oscars, 2 will pick on one. I am not saying it wont work out but I strongly recommend against it.

So your saying that they tend to gang? What if I made it even? either 2 or 4 would that work?

And Flip... are you sure that they MUSt have 400 gal? because I know many people that do not have 400gallons and they have an aro. could you explain your comment more for me :D

hey erin, congrads on getting the 260 in your house. what is the foot print of your tank? Yeah, 3 oscars is a bad idea because of 2 singling out the weeker one . If you want oscars you could get away with four. Or if you find a breeding pair and have some dithers with them that would be good. The foot print of your tank will tell you lots on your stocking limitations.

Edited by rED O

LOL !!!! hold on.. who said I had it yet!! LOL Its gonna happen in a few years, we are still renting.. BUT It is going to happen Or I'll dieing getting it! I think I'll either go 2 or 4 oscars... As for the foot print I'll have to find out... I'm hoping that they will have a seamless 260 but I think that might not get that luck. Sorry if I confused anyone I thought I posted in 3 to 4 years in the sub title? LOL oh well... :D I'm unsure what I want as for Aros... I want something in the redish area but CORVETTE you say GREEN!!! I love Green have any examples of how green they can get???

OOOOOOoooooo *drools* now thats an aro!!! OK I need a 600gallon tank... I want a red, green and black aro!!!! LOL I guess I can up then on paper and throw them into a hat and pull out one eh? LOL