14 gallon seemless... thinking about a change in fish.

Erin

So I was looking at my tank. It has 1 female guppy and about 10 babies. Its very planted (I'll add picture later). I thought about putting a baby oscar until it out grew the tank then moving it into a bigger tank. But I dunno. So I was wondering if anyone would have any suggestions? Its ony 14 gallons. I don't really have tetras or mollies, guppies and platies. Something different and something that will do well in a planted tank. Again I post picture later of what it looks like.

Red, man do you ever miss my posts... LOL second time you skimmed over them and oopsed up :P:P:P I said I was thinking about it. But I agree that it is totally way to small zuzes2001. If I was to put a baby in there it would only be for a small time while I talk my husband into a smaller tank. Currently I have guppies (pokes red). I want to stay away from tetras and other community fish like mollies, guppies, and platies. Rams are an idea since it would look interesting. what if I could find a breeding pair of a smaller cichlid. I`m kinda thinking if I do go tetra then it would be the ones I`m looking for my 20 gallon... green fire I thiknk they are called. I don`t know if I can fine them here in Alberta so it would be interesting to get them.

I vote is get a 75 gallon and pick up a nice oscar. you wont regret it, they are like pets and less of a fish. Any oscar owner will tell you that there personalities are very unique and like pets.

but if your going to stay with the 15 gallon, a nice small school of corys would look cool as well.

Rams are easily findable here in Alberta.

I know we have a few at petsmart, I know big als have them.

I vote is get a 75 gallon and pick up a nice oscar. you wont regret it, they are like pets and less of a fish. Any oscar owner will tell you that there personalities are very unique and like pets.

but if your going to stay with the 15 gallon, a nice small school of corys would look cool as well.

I agree but the hubby doesn't. Corys would be interesting thanks.

Yeah, Rams are easy to find here, blue and gold are fairly common. Bolivian Red Rams aren't but they are available. Another good small cichlid would be Apistogrammas.

Which I was gonna suggest, have a look at the Spencer Jack list and get in on the group order

There are a couple of Apistos on that list and you can probably get a pair/trio for about 15$

Well I thought about it and I ended up getting 2 gouramies. one yellow and one blue. two beauties. I'll post picture in my journal tomorrow.

In a tank that small, they are going to tear each other up pretty bad. A 14G is really waaay too small for those guys. I had trouble keeping 2 in a 75G from beating the crap out of one another!

Another good idea for a planted tank that size would be some cherry shrimp or one of the different colors out there. They LOVE planted tanks, don't eat the plants and breed like crazy with regular water changes.

Tammy

Well I thought about it and I ended up getting 2 gouramies. one yellow and one blue. two beauties. I'll post picture in my journal tomorrow.

In a tank that small, they are going to tear each other up pretty bad. A 14G is really waaay too small for those guys. I had trouble keeping 2 in a 75G from beating the crap out of one another!

Another good idea for a planted tank that size would be some cherry shrimp or one of the different colors out there. They LOVE planted tanks, don't eat the plants and breed like crazy with regular water changes.

Tammy

Tammy,

Personally I have had NO problem with Gouramies in such small amounts it has never ended in anything bad. I have 4 in a twenty ( one powder, one opaline, and two dwarf honeys) the two in my 14 gallon are very friendly with each other ( I'm pretty sure a girl blue and a boy yellow). I think that if you are careful to whome you buy and if they are in the tank you buy from and so on you shouldn't have a problem, as I have never had problems. You may have two boys in your tank and yes if there is that they "can" and "might" fight. Though I have never personally had this happen to me. But thank you for your Lovely suggestion.

Erin