Help ID some new fish please.

Boom

I bought these two fish under the impression that they are both tanganyikan cichlids.

The first one I'm sure is some species of Lamprologine or Neolamprologine, can you tell me which one?

P1030218.jpg

P1030219.jpg

This next guy I have no idea and looks more like some type of cyprinid rather than a cichlid at all!

Can some one tell me what?

P1030216.jpg

P1030226.jpg

P1030228.jpg

P1030229.jpg

Thanks.

Boom :boom:

The first one is a cichlid of some sort not sure what kind never seen anything like it before---it could be a hybrid just guessing thou. the second one is not a cichlid---

Edited by JORG

No the first ones are not firecrackers (I'll post a pic of one) they look like a lamprologus but if they are a purebred species and uncommon I'm thinking the place of sale would have known and informed Boom of the correct name. Hence why I mentioned the H word---here's a pic with a firecracker in it ---the yellow guy on bottom not the best pic but the only one I could find on my photobucket thingy

fish004.jpg

Thanks very much for the help Taylor, that fish is definitely a Banded Leporinus, about 3 years old by the number of bands he has! Looks like he may grow up to about 8 inches too.

As for the tangs, I don't think they are firecrackers. My thought is possibly a leleupi (there are several varients from different areas of the lake) or maybe even a caudopunctatus? They are quite small (about 1.5") so hard to tell yet maybe.

It's hard to tell with my crappy photos but the body does have a yellowish tinge, with a blueish highlight around the fins and tail outer edges. The nose area is darker, almost black. And the eyes have distinct yellow around them from about the 1 o'clock position around counterclockwise to the 5 o'clock (if your looking straight at the eye from the side).

I got them from a store in Morinville. The owner said the fish were dumped off at the store as very small fry and have grown to this size over the past few months. He had NO clue what they are. I've thrown them in my tang tank and will see how they do.

Boom :boom: