ID Required

Can any of you guys identify this little guy? I noticed it a couple of weeks ago and it seems to be growing larger all the time. It as almost doubled in 10 days. I'm sure it is likely very common but I was wonderinf did I get another freebe on the live rock or is tis as big as it gets???

Cheers,

Bernie

:beer:

post-18-1111366860

• 7 years later...

Im not sure if this is bubble algea or a Corel that came out of the live rock but any id would be helpfull

http://instagr.am/p/Pp7dxUPw9O/

Botryocladia skottsbergii has been dubbed by some as 'Red Valonia', though the implied comparison is apt only when a specimen is very young, and the grapelike bladders appear to be directly attached to the substrate. DO NOT bust the bubbles in the water! Best to take the live rock out of the tank and remove them in a pail.

Jeff

Awesome, that was a good idea with the air hose! Got to watch out for bubble algae...once is spreads, it is hard to contain. I known a few people that had and outbreak and had to black out their tanks for a week, even had one friend tear down their whole setup and start over.

Jeff