black bullhead catfish

rodsboys

I used to camp in Penticton, BC at a campground on the edge of town. They had a lake/pond that was full of sliders and black bullheads. Might be worth a little vacation come summer.

The only Ictaluridae as far as I know found in Alberta is Notorus flavus or the Stonecat which can only be found in the Milk River in Southern Alberta.

Birger

I know about the stonecat. I have come accross info in several sources verifying their existance. The Milk River connects with bodies of water in Montana that are known to hold bullheads as well as black crappie.

I used to camp in Penticton, BC at a campground on the edge of town. They had a lake/pond that was full of sliders and black bullheads. Might be worth a little vacation come summer.

I was there in 04 and I think I kn ow the pond you are referring to. Didn't have my fishing/collecting gear though. I had no idea what to expect. I have heard that most of those campgrounds are now condos.

I've heard rumors of people catching bullheads in the Bow River in Calgary.

I've heard rumors of people catching bullheads in the Bow River in Calgary.

I think it would be just that, rumors, the ecology of the river is all wrong at that point....... sculpins maybe.

As much as I would love to have them around they just do not belong here.

As mentioned above take a trip to BC, I am not sure how much hassle proper permits would be to be able to keep them alive.

Those are introduced populations as well.