Cichlids LFS

Slew

I don't think it would be that bad. If you like the fish they have then go for it. Only problem is, if you don't know what they are, then if you change your mind on a fish, its going to be very tough to sell it, as well as interbreeding. You won't be able to sell any of the fry either. If your ok with those 2 aspects then i say go for it.

Well that depends on what your definition of a disaster is.

The "misc. cichlids" are most often left over unidentified species and hybrids (mix of two or more species) of peacocks and mbuna.

You never know what your getting.

That's ok if you like the look of the fish, have ABSOLUTELY no intention of breeding, and are willing to cull the babies if they do spawn. If you just want them to look at, thats fine. But if you want to breed or are not willing to "properly" get rid of babies from unidentified or hybrid fish, then don't bother getting them in the first place.

If you keep your eyes open in the buy/sell livestock section of this site, there are always mbuna for sale. I'm even selling a few right now if your interested.

My fish for sale (or free)

Boom :boom:

I was going to pretty much say the same thing as everyone else. Boom's fish look really nice, and if you got some of those you could add a couple Red Zebras from Wal Mart in the South Edmonton Common...I was there the other day and they had some really nice ones for sale ($5/fish) which I thought was a good deal. They're in good shape, and don't look like hybrids.