New Mbuna setup

Slew

Acei will not need caves. They tend to stay near the surface. In lake Malawi, they stay near the shore and feed on algae growing on submerged tree roots.

If you still have that piece of driftwood, you might be able to replicate their natural habitat.

On a side note, they breed faster than rabbits and are greedy eaters. They'll definitely get you wet at feeding time :lol: .

I've added some new larger rocks, there is much more hollow space in between and under the rocks now. I'll probaly add more as time goes on, March in Edmonton is not a good time to be looking for rocks. I was hoping to get more fish at the recent auction, not much selection for juvenile cichlids.

That picture is much better than the other's, I don't know if you changed your lighting, but the other's were very dark.

Anyways, I think you've done pretty good. I've found that mbuna like to move the sand a lot. I have one tank with some bigger rocks and sand like your's and another with just sand. They still find a way to move the rocks, but I think if I were to do it again I'd do sand like a SIL8 or SIL9 size.