What kind of fish are these?

WJC

We just picked up a few new fish last weekend and we would love to know what two of them are. They were hanging out in the tanks with the other S/A cichlids and are doing great with ours but we have no idea what kind they are. Any help would be great! The one is harder to see than the other in the pictures but has mustard type yellow fins on a darker body. The other has a pointier head with a dominant stripe. We came across a picture that looked a lot like the striped one and thought it may be him (Dimidiochromis Dimidiatus??) and I have attached the picture we found at the bottom.

I tried to play with the contrast of the dark fish with the yellow fins. I hope that helps a bit. In the meantime I will try and get another.

post-3970-1235014087_thumb.jpg

post-3970-1235014105_thumb.jpg

post-3970-1235014111_thumb.jpg

post-3970-1235014421_thumb.jpg

post-3970-1235015643_thumb.jpg

Edited by WJC

Your fish is a Dimidiochromis compressiceps.

From lake malawi in Africa.

I can't tell what the second Pic is at all.

Thanks! We wondered if we may have a mix..... They seem to be doing well together... We are staring up an African tank and can always move him if needed. I will try and get a better picture of the other one but he moves so fast it's hard to get a good shot.