jMike's 140g Planted Aquarium

jmike

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.aquariumplants.com/product_p/pr4026.htm

Are you talking about this setup?

I've looked at it before maybe ill get it when are dollar recovers a bit hehehe... (who knowes when that will be)

Yuppers.. seems to work great.. just remember to open the valve on the regulator before you crack the bottle or you'll blow that little diaphragm out.. my whole system is automatic.. the pH controller is set at 7.0 and when it drops below it shuts the CO2 down.. the power for the unit is tied into my lights so when the lights are off no CO2.. I just check the units calibration every water change and Im good to go.. a 5lb bottle lasted me just about a year running a 2-5sec/bubble. The reactor is cool but I might try a Rex inline reactor so there is one less attachment in my tank..My lights are on a timer they come on at 10am and have a 1.5hr siesta and shut down at 9pm.. sings just like a song..

Edited by jmike

• 2 weeks later...

Everything is getting out of hand! The plants in the back are relentless in their pursuit of more light. Bi-weekly trims are now required.

The light is a Tek something er other but has 8 T5 Bulbs.

I did not look to far into the Red Sea System (I found out about it after I ordered from aquaticplants.com) I wanted the AP one because I used a refillable 5lb bottle not the Paint ball style cyclinders.

Thanks for the comments everyone

Wow... Is that 80 psi on the secondary side of your CO2 regulator? Might have something to do with blowing the diaphram... I thought I ran mine secondary side high at 20-30psi.

Thats 80kpa or 11psi.. too much pressure and i just end up filling my reactor with gas and the water just poor through with no dissolution.

• 3 weeks later...

IMG_6219.jpg

IMG_6237.jpg

IMG_6234.jpg

The day before I pretty much got fed up and made some drastic changes.. what a jungle! I went out of town for two weeks and the wife (not her fault, im really lucky she'll take some care of the tank for me) didnt realize that two of the filters stopped working and the CO2 ran dry. BGA attack! Hair Algae attack! BBA attack! what an onslaught.. but with a nice water change, some filter maintenance and a new CO2 bottle things bounced back within a few days.. stiffled the cambobia enough that i pretty much removed most of it.. will post pics asap of the new arrangements..

Edited by jmike