Betta Simplex

Wingin' It

If you find any, let me know. Wild bettas are hard to find and can be expensive. (Insert commercial here) Calgary Aquarium Society is showing the International Betta Congress's presentation on wild bettas next week. Good up to date information on wild bettas!!

If you find any, let me know. Wild bettas are hard to find and can be expensive. (Insert commercial here) Calgary Aquarium Society is showing the International Betta Congress's presentation on wild bettas next week. Good up to date information on wild bettas!!

Unfortunately, yes wild betta's are hard to come by... I haven't to date spawned any wild's... would like to eventually.. but I do know where to get some wild types not simplex though here is Ashley's link

Ontario Betta

hahaha...yes, i'm coming to the CAS meeting on Mar.9th...even though i'm not a member...actually, i've never been to a meeting before. so this shall be interesting...and thanks mumba for the link...i'm cruisin' it right quick!

I have kept Betta pugnax, which is also a wild mouthbrooder type. The only advice I can offer is to cover every single space over the top of the aquarium. I haven't had to worry as much with domestic bettas, but these wild types can be... wild! I had to use paper with tape to cover every crack and they both found a way out, very frustrating.

hahaha...yes, i'm coming to the CAS meeting on Mar.9th...even though i'm not a member...actually, i've never been to a meeting before. so this shall be interesting...

Just in case the Betta presentation isn't enough to get her to the meeting, I'm also bribing her with free plants... :smokey:

hahaha...yes, i'm coming to the CAS meeting on Mar.9th...even though i'm not a member...actually, i've never been to a meeting before. so this shall be interesting...

Just in case the Betta presentation isn't enough to get her to the meeting, I'm also bribing her with free plants... :smokey:

Hahahaha...That is very true!! lol

Heard from Ontariobetta. She will be breeding more in the summer and is overrun with unimaculata(that's a fish not a disease). Will let you know if I hear more!!

It is possible I can bring in some wilds I would not be able to hold any for anyone, but if there is some interest please let me know in the next few days.. I have an order coming in I can see if I can get some in this shipment..

Not promising anything, but I might be able to...