blue and purple betta spawn

polleni-puffer

o.k ,so i have decided to breed my old male betta "cheese cake" to my female betta "saphire" and see what happens. Im still new to betta spawning and want to know ,should i let "cheese cake" make a bubble nest and then put "saphire" in the tank with a divider ,or should i put "saphire" and "cheese cake" in at the same time on different sides of the divider ??

You can do it either way, for my males... I let them get accustom to their tank, being as they don't get a tank unless I want them to breed..

Sometimes they build a nest sometimes they don't... after a day or two depending on my female, I will put in a divider.. then introduce the girl... this usually sparks interest in building a nest, if he hasn't already...

Make sure the female's front cavity chest region is whitish and full... her vent will stick out a bit more if she is ready if she isn't ready then your efforts, won't produce anything but a beat up girl. Leave her get to know him for a day, make sure the vertical barring is deep... black almost.. release her sometimes I release even if there are no bubble nest.. I just finished a spawn similar to that, he built the nest while they were spawning.. and yes it works!!

Doing it at the right time, saves a lot of fin damage as well... good luck !! :thumbs:

I have got a method that seems to work for me as I've had 3 spawns in 9 days. My fish, not me of course. I put my male in the tank with half a styrofoam cup taped in the corner at water level. PH is probably about 7.2 and I've added spawn aid,almond leaves, almond leaf extract and black water extract. There's some plants as well as some java moss floating. The tank is a 5 gallon approximately one third full. I put both male and female in but keep them in clear containers. I then heat them up to around 84 degrees and release the male. He generally will build a bubblenest within 24 hours. As Black Mumba said, I like to make sure the girl's full of eggs but I really look for the "barring". Then I release her and observe to make sure they're getting along. I give them a couple of days but 2 out of my last three spawns were within 24 hours. Let us know how it goes and good luck!!