Action shots

patrick

Neochromis onmicaeruleus male is showing a Ptyochromis sp. "Hippo point salmon" who's the boss.

omnicaeruleus0022-750@.jpg

Two juvenile Paralabidochromis sp. "redfin piebald" are having a heated debate

piebald0026-750@.jpg

Awesome photos!!! I love the heated debate. I always look forward to seeing your new photos.

Thanks guys :)

Very nice! What camera/lens set-up are you using and what settings?

Canon Rebel XT with a Canon EF-S 60mm macro, full manual + Canon 430EX flash in manual mode from above. I can't remember the settings exactly but the flash was probably 1/2 power with built in diffuser, ISO 100 and the aparture pretty high to get good depth of field I'd say between f12 and f14. Shutter I never touch when using the flash, it's always at 1/100.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Thanks guys :)
Very nice! What camera/lens set-up are you using and what settings?

Canon Rebel XT with a Canon EF-S 60mm macro, full manual + Canon 430EX flash in manual mode from above. I can't remember the settings exactly but the flash was probably 1/2 power with built in diffuser, ISO 100 and the aparture pretty high to get good depth of field I'd say between f12 and f14. Shutter I never touch when using the flash, it's always at 1/100.

when using the flash how do you keep the water from looking yellowish? the only light you use is the flash? do you have a special tank that you put the fish into to take the pictures? is the flash mounted to the camera?

the minumum focusing distance of this lens is 20cm that still seems like a long ways away.

Edited by fleshgear