Glass Catfish doing loops

robin

As the title says, this little fella is doing loops, swimming erratically and now has develloped a red blotch protruding from his forehead. I have been dosing Melafix for a week now, did a water change and all is well with the other fish. I had a little bout with ich on an angel, a ram and a loach. They are all well now......what happened to this guy?

the heater looks fine.....if the fish was electrocuted.....sorry if this is a dumb question.........wouldn't they all be dead?

well if its just a tiny crack, there might be enough of a shock to them to cause major stress and damage to them and not kill them. If it was cracked in the morning your fish would prob be dead.

• 2 weeks later...

no live plants, all other fish fine, species....Kryptopterus bicirrhis, only fake plants and wood and orange rock in the tank....do a 30% or so water change weekly or bi weekly.

Edited by robin

I had this happen to one of my Venustus a while back. Starting spiraling out of control like it lost its buoyancy . I did some reading up on it and the only cause i could find was the fish eats too much which causes a blockage in its system which retains air. This is why its buoyancy is lost. My fish died as well.