Quality Goldfish in Edmonton?

I'm so glad to hear your prepared. Good luck finding some nice fish. Would you mind if i picked your brain on occasion regarding my Koi? My problem right now is that Both my parents firmly believe the Goldfish Bowl myth. And it's been reenforced because of the lack of growth he's had over the winter. It's frustrating. Good Luck and have a great weekend.

L

I'm so glad to hear your prepared. Good luck finding some nice fish. Would you mind if i picked your brain on occasion regarding my Koi? My problem right now is that Both my parents firmly believe the Goldfish Bowl myth. And it's been reenforced because of the lack of growth he's had over the winter. It's frustrating. Good Luck and have a great weekend.

L

Thank you! I have no experience with koi, but I'll absolutely try to help you out with any questions or concerns you have if I can. My parents were much the same ("Why would you need a tank for goldfish?" and "You could fit ten goldfish in the 30 gallon tank!") fortunately, a combination of the internet (including pictures of Bruce, and a cookie to all those who know who Bruce is) and some very helpful and knowledgeable pet store staff helped convince them. They still bring it up once in a while, especially since the pet goldfish at the shop haven't grown much in the past year (due to the overcrowding I fear).

Perhaps having them talk to a knowledgeable aquarium store employee, or have them read some articles on the internet? Goldfish themselves need large aquariums, and koi are in a whole other ballpark. Koi are pretty much strictly pond fish (or really big aquarium fish), needing 100-200 G per fish (I'm not %100 sure on the exact number, I'll have to look it up). Good luck with your koi! I wish I could help more.