Quality Goldfish in Edmonton?

Hello everyone. I was wondering if anyone here knew of some aquarium/pet stores in and around Edmonton that carry better quality fish that the usual chain pet store goldfish? I'm specifically looking for demekins/telescope eye goldfish and ranchus, but any quality goldfish would certainly be a sight for sore eyes.

Nature's Corner often gets some quality goldfish, not sure how often they get in the fancy varieties, mostly pond fish. If not there, then try Big Al's.

I have never been to Nature's corner either. I looked at their website - does anyone know when they get their pond plants in? Or if they are already in? Specifically water lettuce, water hyacinth, and parrot's feather.

I may have to go see their goldfish. All I ever seem to find are feeders that got stuck in a separate tank and called "pets".

There's some on the used edmonton website.(Slow day at work!!) Don't know much about goldfish but hope this helps!!

There's some on the used edmonton website.(Slow day at work!!) Don't know much about goldfish but hope this helps!!

Are you talking about the 'unique fantail goldfish' that are on used edmonton? If so, then I'm sure they'll make someone a great pet, but I'm looking for fish more like those on the online goldfish auctions, such as goldfishconnection.com or goldfishnet.com. Which are nothing close to the amazing show quality goldfish in China, Japan, Singapore, ect, but are still better than the average pet store goldfish.

Thank you for the tip though!

Thank you. I've always ment to go check out Natures Corner, now I just have more of a reason to.

I do recall seeing some pretty nice goldfish in Big Al's. Anybody wouldn't happen to know where they get their goldfish from, would they?

Go in and ask, I'm sure they'd tell you.

Thank you. I've always ment to go check out Natures Corner, now I just have more of a reason to.

I do recall seeing some pretty nice goldfish in Big Al's. Anybody wouldn't happen to know where they get their goldfish from, would they?

CHECK OUT "DAD'S FISHROOM" WAAAAAAAAAAAAY BEFORE YOU GO TO BIG AL'S ..

HENRY HAS ALWAYS BEEN ONE OF THE BEST!!!

Edited by hybrid

DAD'S FISHROOM is Nature's Corner

DAD'S FISHROOM is Nature's Corner

All the more reason to go! I've just got the go ahead to make a planted betta tank (one of the very few downsides of being one of them teenagers is having to wait for permission to start up a tank), so now I'll have an excuse to make the expedition out to big al's and nature's corner. While I'm there I'll ask about there goldfish.

Good luck with that. Mind you I've heard that goldfish can get really really big so you might want to research how big the one you want will eventually get before you buy it. (made that mistake with my Koi.)

Have fun shopping

L

Good luck with that. Mind you I've heard that goldfish can get really really big so you might want to research how big the one you want will eventually get before you buy it. (made that mistake with my Koi.)

Have fun shopping

L

Even your common feeder goldfish get 8-10". Mine aren't even 1 yr old and are pushing 5-6" - I made sure to have a pond for summer and a 65g to overwinter 3-5 goldfish. I wouldn't even try koi (But I would sure love to!) but there is no way to fit a 3-4 foot koi into a 65g tank for half the year... Koi are truly pond fish.

I'm in a slightly similar situation and that is I live on my own but in my parents rental property. Frustrating beyond belief is what i'd call it since i get harped on about the tanks every time she comes over and now i'm being blamed for the moisture damage to the windows upstairs. Ahhhh so frustrating. Guood luck and

Have fun shopping

L

Have fun shopping

L

Yep, fancy varieties, with the right care, regularly get over 10 inches long in length, commons feeders and other single tailed varieties (and sometimes fantails and other pond varieties like wakins and jinkins) can get much bigger.

Thank you very much for your concern (it's always nice when people don't return to the 'goldfish bowl' myth), but no worries, I've done excessive research on goldfish and own a few pet quality ones that live in a 30 gallon at my parents work (already overstocked with 3 fancies in there, but I constantly test the water and they get two water changes a week. I cannot wait until I get a larger tank to move them into). Before I got those fish I joined a goldfish keeping forum where I've learnt way to much about goldfish. I know most of the basics, such as the 10-20 gallon minimum per fish (at least 15 per fancy variety if it is to be their final home, the bigger the better), the need for a variety of food, with more protein as young fish. How to groom the fish to show their potential, the benefits of green-water, the need for heavy duty filtration, ect.

I'm so glad to hear your prepared. Good luck finding some nice fish. Would you mind if i picked your brain on occasion regarding my Koi? My problem right now is that Both my parents firmly believe the Goldfish Bowl myth. And it's been reenforced because of the lack of growth he's had over the winter. It's frustrating. Good Luck and have a great weekend.

L