Hey y'all, we should all meet sometime. :-)

Most defienatley.

Although I live in an apartment it is a large penthouse with enough room to host.

I will supply the munchies b.y.o.b. :beer:

I live downtown Calgary.

Let me know if you guys are up for this, or if someone else thinks their place may be more suitable then thats ok to.

I have parking at the building

October 9th 10th --16th 17th would be best for me not any weekend at the end or beginning of any month, anything in between is fine with me.

So let me know :thumbs:

Tom.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am tentatively planning to be in Calgary for the TFBA auction on Oct 17. That will take up the day...but I suppose the day/evening before or the evening of the auction would be a good time for me. No guarantees tho...I am still trying to figure out how to free up time to get to the city for the auction in the first place.

ABwildrose - help us out here. You have been to the auction before [??].

Toirtis is a member of TFBA, right !

Smokey

P.S. - I've sent a "HELP US" mail to Abwildrose. So it is on her shoulders now ... :D:D ... lol.

BTW - the edit icon w :thumbs: orks

Edited by Smokey

I got the information from a site I had bookmarked. It still shows up when I click the link. But, now that you mention it, it might have changed and not been updated. I guess I had better find out for sure before making a 6 hr round trip to go to it. Anyways, I went last year and it was fun. I know public was welcome to attend to by last year...but I have no idea about selling. Anyone that is interested in breeding etc should check it out and maybe join. I have never been myself as it is such a drive. You all in Calgary are lucky to have the CAS and TFBA so close at hand....I wish I were closer :(

Anyone who isn't a member of either of those groups should maybe pop in to a meeting and check them out. You can meet other hobbyists in person. You get an interesting magazine thing and it doesn't even cost too much to join. link is www.tfba.net

Yes he is a member Smokey, if fact he will be doing some of the auctioneering at this auction.

A founding member, in fact! :P

So, what does everyone want to know about the auction? (the last one was a bit cichlid-heavy, but really worthwhile...some nice fish, great equipment, and some sweet deals....this one should be quite good since it is our first big auction in Calgary in nearly a year).

Can anyone come to the auction or do we have to be members?

Can we participate in the auction by bring some of own fish and put them up for auction???

Do you have to book you fish lots to participate???

Do you know what is going to be up for auction this year yet???

Just some general information for us non members as the wecsite does not say....

Thanks in advance,

The auction is listed in the bargain finder. So I would guess that it is open to the public. I guess that the public should be able to also setup arrangements to have their items sold as well.

The Ad:

TFBA

FISH AND RELATED SUPPLIES

SUN OCT 17

WHITEHORN COMMUNITY ASSOC

228 WHITEHORN RD NE

10 AM VIEWING

11AM SHARP AUCTION STARTS

FOR INFO OR TO SELL ITEMS

CALL DAVE

Tel: 403-204-1181