Red Deer Aquarium Club

sharuq1

Anybody going? I think I will. Met the person who's starting it some months back. He has both fresh and salt tanks. I don't know him well, but he seemed like a nice guy. Would be good to have a local club. Let's get some people over there.

Red Deer Aquarium Club

I,m going to see if there are other people in Rocky who would like to car pool.

It was so great to meet everyone! This group sounds like it's going to be great. When do we get to see your tanks gobies et al and 2manytanks? :)

Edited by sharuq1

It was so great to meet everyone! This group sounds like it's going to be great. When do we get to see your tanks gobies et al and 2manytanks? :)

Ya, it worked out good - I was really surprised at the number of people that came out. And it gives us a little glimmer of hope for the salt situation in the area, I'm amazed at how many people locally are into salt or starting out, even if Jim doesn't end up getting a store going at least there's new opportunities for us all once we get to know each other.

I'll send you a PM with my number and stuff tonight if you wanna see my xenia pond.

Good turnout last night. :thumbs: I enjoyed meeting everyone and look forward to getting to know them. I am hoping the meeting will rotate through the different members of the group and get to see what everyone has. I look forward to seeing your tanks again Shauq1 and yours 2manytanks. I am always willing to show my tanks, as well! :welcome:

• 4 weeks later...

Next meeting coming up soon, same time same place (7pm Sunday May 3) All are welcome, no charge. Fresh and salt water. No snacks provided. For more details email jsayers@shaw.ca or call 597-1134/314-0589.

Edited by sharuq1

Thanks to those of you who came. Next meeting is first Sunday of June at my house. PM me for the address . I'm in class a lot of the time, so if I don't answer please leave a message. If you can bring some chairs it would be helpful as we do not have very many. Feel free to bring an object (book, article, equipment., what have you) for discussion.

We really need more people who are interested in taking a leadership role in the group to keep it on track. We also need ideas about things we can do at these meetings. If anyone from the calgary or edmonton group could come up and help us out or talk at the meetings about say the breeder's program or something that would be great. The group is a bit disorganized right now (apologies), but hopefully in time with support from fish lovers we will be able to make this a more formal club.

I'm thinking perhaps that June's topic should maybe be a demo on how to start a small reef aquarium, or how to use test kits or how to use a refractometer? Thoughts on this?

I'd like there to be at least one topic where there can be a learning experience, and seeing as it is at my house this time a saltie topic would work well. If there is a freshie who would like to come forward with a fw topic we could do at the next meeting that would be great as well.

Jim will be starting up a site at some point as well. Any questions, comments or helpful hints, please contact him at jsayers@shaw.ca or call 597-1134.

Edited by sharuq1

Hey Werner , want to take a road trip in June?? Sharuq, if you go to CAOAC's website, there's a guide to operating a successful aquarium society. Hope this can help you out!!

We really need more people who are interested in taking a leadership role in the group to keep it on track. We also need ideas about things we can do at these meetings.

Yeah, I'm probably available for a for a road trip. Will try to give some recommendations, but we seem have the same problems at the CAS... :tongue: