DIY idea for ladies or cross dressers

fishclubgirl

So I'm into mosses on driftwood and have been mainly successfull with fishing line. However, occasionally one of the mosses that I've imported floats off and I can't find it, aargh. So in true "fishclubgirl" fashion, I had to come up with a solution. I've also used mesh but wasn't completely satisfied. Hmmm, what could I put around driftwood that would be safe? Guys, you guessed it; old fishnet stockings. Seems to be going well and some of the mosses are starting to grow through. Next DIY project, welding HC to the substrate, lol.

PS guys, if you ask your lady, if she has fishnet stockings, she might be a little irate if you use them in the fish tank, FYI.

• 4 weeks later...
So I'm into mosses on driftwood and have been mainly successfull with fishing line. However, occasionally one of the mosses that I've imported floats off and I can't find it, aargh. So in true "fishclubgirl" fashion, I had to come up with a solution. I've also used mesh but wasn't completely satisfied. Hmmm, what could I put around driftwood that would be safe? Guys, you guessed it; old fishnet stockings. Seems to be going well and some of the mosses are starting to grow through. Next DIY project, welding HC to the substrate, lol.

PS guys, if you ask your lady, if she has fishnet stockings, she might be a little irate if you use them in the fish tank, FYI.

Oooh, I just discovered hairnets!! Is there anything more perfect for attaching plants to driftwood? 3 for a dollar at the dollar store!! "Necessity is the mother of invention!!"

I've been getting hairnets awhile for my riccia rocks, they work like a charm provided they're secured enough.

Though for wood i'm not sure how this works, haven't tried it myself, and i've only had java moss so nothing exotic ( working on it, was trying to work on getting some fissidens a couple months back ).

So that's what was on your legs at the last meeting. I was going to talk to you about personal hygiene, lol!! Figured some of your planted projects might have extended too far.

So that's what was on your legs at the last meeting.

Oh yeah?!?!?! Well you had green stuff in your teeth!

Anyone else old enough to remember Moss Man from He-Man and the Masters of the Universe? I wonder if he used hairnets.

5-3mossman1sm.jpg

So that's what was on your legs at the last meeting.

Oh yeah?!?!?! Well you had green stuff in your teeth!

Anyone else old enough to remember Moss Man from He-Man and the Masters of the Universe? I wonder if he used hairnets.

5-3mossman1sm.jpg

I did'nt even think those were around anymore. The last one I saw was at my uncle T-Rex & aunt Albertasaurus's house

The green stuff on my teeth was duckweed, an excellent choice for freshening breath and preventing gum disease. Get yours today!!

The green stuff on my teeth was duckweed, an excellent choice for freshening breath and preventing gum disease. Get yours today!!

Don't use these if you have any longfinned plecos who can get stuck!! Just finished rescuing a long-finned BN who was stuck. Have a new found respect for anyone who rescues whales from netting!!