Pictures from the fishroom April -09

patrick

I have been doing maintenance and also moved fish around to prepare for new breeding stock so I took the opportunity to measure and photograph some fish.

Paralabidochromis sp. "redfin piebald", OB male 3.5"

piebald0029-750.jpg

Paralabidochromis sp. "redfin piebald", WB male 3"

piebald0030-750.jpg

Xystichromis sp. "dayglow", male 4.5"

dayglow0036-750.jpg

A fat Xystichromis sp. "flameback", male 3.5"

flameback0025-750.jpg

Paralabidochromis sp. "rock kribensis", Mwanza gulf male 3.5"

rockkrib013-750.jpg

Lipochromis sp. "matumbi hunter", male 3.5"

hunter0068-750.jpg

Astatotilapia latifasciata, female 3.25"

latifasciata003-750.jpg

Xystichromis sp. "kyoga flameback". This young male only 2.5" is spawning for the first time. For it's size, the most colorful specimen I have ever seen. This young herbivore has never tasted anything but NLS. This guy is a keeper :smokey:

kyogaflameback037-750.jpg

kyogaflameback036-750.jpg

kyogaflameback038-750.jpg

Nice shots! You truly have some of the best victorian collections out there. Is the kyoga flameback pictured your main breeder male or the son of your breeder male. Looks fantastic.

Edited by tydus

Great shots again Patrick.By the way the Rock Kribensis and Dayglows that Loreen picked up that morning made the trip safely to Medicine Hat and are doing very well.One of the dayglow females was holding so i put her in a separate tank and she released about 15 fry a few days ago.Excellent fish and i will be getting in touch with you about another order. Thank you again. Larry.

Thanks everyone :)

Is the kyoga flameback pictured your main breeder male or the son of your breeder male. Looks fantastic.

The kyoga flameback is the son of the main breeder male. My intention is to keep this young male and continue breeding on him.

Great shots again Patrick.By the way the Rock Kribensis and Dayglows that Loreen picked up that morning made the trip safely to Medicine Hat and are doing very well.One of the dayglow females was holding so i put her in a separate tank and she released about 15 fry a few days ago.Excellent fish and i will be getting in touch with you about another order. Thank you again. Larry.

I am glad to hear that Larry, you are welcome any time :)

The WB piebald looks awesome

The WB's are definately my favourite, but for some reason the the OB morph is more popular.