Can You Identify My Cichlids

JonArk

Ouch; if the one on the left was sold as a compressiceps, I'd avoid that store in the future. I'm not good with my SA/CA cichlids, but it looks like a flowerhorn of some variant to me. The right cichlid is a Pseudotropheus sp. kingsizei - they can be little terrors, but not always.

Just a heads up to do your research when buying any fish - especially when mixing cichlids. They vary so greatly from region to species you can end up with a disaster on your hands. If the retail outlet you bought from cannot identify these fish, they are very lacking in knowledge.

The one on the left is a female flowerhorn, Very nice looking fish, But will eventually be the only one you have in yhat tank. From my experience with flowerhorns, they are very nasty. Who knows, yours might be pretty laid back, I know mine was, until I added a male. Within minutes the rest of the fish in the tank looked like they got caught in a boat prop.

looks like a "kirrin" flowethorn to me...

nice fish but bad mix. I hope you own a tank divider!! :smokey: They are both wonderful fish to keep but unfortunetly not together..

Try figuring out what type of cichlid you enjoy the most and purchase similar cichlids from the same continent..

ATLEAST YOU NOW HAVE A GOOD EXCUSE TO PURCHASE ANOTHER TANK. :thumbs:

best of luck

pm if you decide to get rid of the fh :w00t:

Edited by hybrid

Just a heads up to do your research when buying any fish - especially when mixing cichlids. They vary so greatly from region to species you can end up with a disaster on your hands. If the retail outlet you bought from cannot identify these fish, they are very lacking in knowledge.

My request was for assistance to identify the fish not a mother, I think I will refer to you as t-ts as opposed to Blue Ram.

Ouch; if the one on the left was sold as a compressiceps, I'd avoid that store in the future. I'm not good with my SA/CA cichlids, but it looks like a flowerhorn of some variant to me. The right cichlid is a Pseudotropheus sp. kingsizei - they can be little terrors, but not always.

Thanks, appreciate your help!!

The one on the left is a female flowerhorn, Very nice looking fish, But will eventually be the only one you have in yhat tank. From my experience with flowerhorns, they are very nasty. Who knows, yours might be pretty laid back, I know mine was, until I added a male. Within minutes the rest of the fish in the tank looked like they got caught in a boat prop.

Thanks, appreciate your help!!

looks like a "kirrin" flowethorn to me...

nice fish but bad mix. I hope you own a tank divider!! :smokey: They are both wonderful fish to keep but unfortunetly not together..

Try figuring out what type of cichlid you enjoy the most and purchase similar cichlids from the same continent..

ATLEAST YOU NOW HAVE A GOOD EXCUSE TO PURCHASE ANOTHER TANK. :thumbs:

best of luck

pm if you decide to get rid of the fh :w00t:

Thanks, appreciate your help, I will keep that in mind!

My request was for assistance to identify the fish not a mother, I think I will refer to you as t-ts as opposed to Blue Ram.

WOW . That was nice.