Manganese, how much is too much?

Oxquo

My well water sucks, nice pH. 7.4 hardness about 35ppm. Problem is high manganese and sulfuric acid. The sulfuric acid keeps the pH low and i like it but fear that it releases in clumps altering the pH at bad fluctuations. That aside my iron is lower than my plants desire at 0.5ppm but my manganese is at a high 1.5. I know that manganese is often added to trace but I think this is high. I have heard that there may be long term effects to manganese exposure. Does anyone know what the effects are and how high is high?

I Believe Oxquo is talking about the mineral Manganese.

:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: I couple more should do..... :drunk: :drunk: :drunk:

:rolleyes:

All my best.....

:wacko:

Oxquo I'm sorry I can't help on the question, how are you testing for that anyway?

Edited by Cichlid88

I sent a water sample to the University of Regina. Ahhh damn, I still can't say Regina without laughing, how long does one have to live out here before it doesn't make one laugh? Should have called it Runt instead. hahahahaha. Anyways I had it analyzed hahaha Anal yzed in Regina hahahaha, yep had a few myself J buddy. Anyways they said there was long term effects but couldn't say what. A guy suggested a $10,000 system to filter my water hahahaha I am a do it yourselfer, ask my old lady, whatever that means??? I am going to rig up a chlorine drip system from a veggie mister and hook my whole house mainline through a Ocean clear canister and up my pump to a 3/4 horsepower from 1/2 horse. I figure I can buffer most of the manganese out after the chlorine stabalizes it. There should be no reason why this can't work, right? It works for aquariums and the water we drink and give the beloved is R/O with trace elements anyways.

• 3 weeks later...