Catfish Sick????

wishe

Hey all, My roommates cat fish, which is in my 90 gallon with peacocks looks like it has ick? The only reason I say that it looks like it has white spots on him. Now I dont know if he is supposed to have this? The fish always hides, but none of the other fish have it? HELP please

post-4064-1241239729_thumb.jpg

Edited by wishe

I can email you a pic, it wont let me add on, and I compressed the size .....

Sure send a the pic to ******(at)hotmail.com. You can also use photo bucket to post pictures.

Edited by randy

errr... i couldnt send the email cuz the file to to big I think.... I can make it small enuf.... But the cat is KEWL. about 6 inch, and has a long string like white tail, the cat is grey ish... and black in color

So I have turned up the heat, and put him in a 33 gallon, hosiptal tank, the only other think in there is a buterfly pelco. Now the pleco looks fine, and the cat is a little better looking but what kinda medicine should I get?

Any chance of finding this product? http://www.kensfish.com/medications/jungle_ick_guard_2.jpg. It is safe for scaleless fish. Too bad you didn't expect it when we did the kens order. Don't use regular table salt unless it is iodine free. Epsom salts, sea salts or aquarium salt is good to use. The warmer temps will help the parasites run through their life cycle faster. You will need to treat the tank he came from as well, since it is a highly contagious parasite that will live in the gravel and can free swim.