So the Eggs Hatched...

Wingin' It

Alas...i've lost all but a few of the fry...they just all of a sudden died night before last. Kinda sucks but next time I think i'll try a sponge filter? The bottom of the tank was getting awfully dirty and algae was taking over the sides. Maybe it was just natures way of balance...hahaha...oh well. There's always another day and another horny CT male Betta lol.

Sorry to hijack this post..but will a male betta that is rather young just not blow a bubble nest?? I have a beautiful male that i got from blackmumba, who doesn't seem inclined to blow a nest..he's in a cycled 10 gal with a sponge filter and heater. he's happy enough and likes to wiggle at the glass, and flare at his lady friend in in a jar next to his tank...but never seen him try to blow any bubbles..

Sorry to hijack this post..but will a male betta that is rather young just not blow a bubble nest?? I have a beautiful male that i got from blackmumba, who doesn't seem inclined to blow a nest..he's in a cycled 10 gal with a sponge filter and heater. he's happy enough and likes to wiggle at the glass, and flare at his lady friend in in a jar next to his tank...but never seen him try to blow any bubbles..

Some, males don't always blow bubble nests, I have even spawned males without a nest to speak of, he will build one, he isn't ready or she isn't

Drives me nuts when they refuse to play on my terms... lol Be patient, he will when he is ready do a good water change that might get him in the mood! :)

Alas...i've lost all but a few of the fry...they just all of a sudden died night before last. Kinda sucks but next time I think i'll try a sponge filter? The bottom of the tank was getting awfully dirty and algae was taking over the sides. Maybe it was just natures way of balance...hahaha...oh well. There's always another day and another horny CT male Betta lol.

You're exactly right about nature. We all want every fry to make it but they don't or else I'd have betta jars in my bath tub. Betta fry don't need a super clean tanks as there's all sorts of good eats in the muck. I'm trying apple snails in fry tanks to help clean and generate infusoria. I forget how many eggs salmon lay but only one makes it to adulthood to spawn again. As you say, there's always another horny CT betta!!! Now if only there was a horny dragon PK(stupid fish)!!!