Puff won third!!

fishclubgirl

Puff(the magic dragon) won third at the CAOAC show in Ontario yesterday!! He was up against at least 15 other males and all long fins except my other PK. Considering that he flew in and even stopped in Winnipeg, I'm really proud of him!! Also the showroom was quite chilly too, not good for any show. He's a red dragon PK and now available for stud service, lol!! Actually I have a girlfriend for him. This is really a flying fish as I brought him back from California. Way to go Puff!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So Puff sucks as a stud!! I've put him in the breeding tank twice and not so much as a bubblenest. So I went and got another red dragon pk male for this female and AGAIN, NOT EVEN A NEST. So I'm a very determined person and this fish needs to be bred. So I got a male dragon butterfly SD male for her. I got him friday, put him in the spawn tank yesterday, nest today and released her just now. Poor girl fish, has been in the spawn tank 3 times already and hasn't even met her mate yet. Am hoping that these two can get it on!!!

Try making him jealous? I'd place the two males in a three way divided tank where all three fish could see each other. Any arrangement would works as long as they can see each other and the female, she could be in a hurricane glass tube in one of their tanks. Maybe let the this guy see her for a few days with a white plastic card barring the new guy's view and then remove the card. He may suddenly realize "hey who the heck are you and why are you trying to impress MY girl?!!!"

Edited by Qattarra

Actually she's in now with another male who has a bubble nest. He built it out in the open, not under the cup like most of them do. So I put her in last night and now his nest is under the cup. Betta breeding is always a mystery to me as these fish have a mind of their own.

So fished out Mom last night and saw the little guys this morning. Dad's doing his job and I can't wait to see how the babies turn out. With both mom and dad being dragons, they should be gorgeous!!