Eheim Prof II Canister Filters

Blue Ram

I am having the same issue with two of these filters. They have been set up and running for a long time. When the canisters are running, there are no leaks and the output is normal. When you unplug it, they leak really bad down the back side of the canister molding. If you plug it back in, the leak stops????

I have taken one apart and cleaned and lubricated the seal. It did not make any difference. The only thing that is missing from the flow indicator is the spring but I don't think that is related to the leaking. Could it be a pressure buildup since it doesn't leak when it is running? I'm pretty freaked out because if the power goes out, both of these filters will leak. Any suggestions?

Don't know if this helps but I had a car like that. If the car was cold, it leaked oil. What was happening was the seals were expanding when the car was warmer so then it didn't leak. Not sure if that helps but I did end up selling the car.