strange throw

JORG

here's a pic of a little eureka that doesen't fit the plan---I paid big bucks for the parents and the rest of the offspring look proper. But this one was different he was bigger and colouerd up really small -----------here is a pic of his dad and mom he's in the mouth

fish1364.jpg

here he is at about 1 and quater inches

fish1792.jpg

fish1788.jpg

fish1763.jpg

He's a little oddball I'm thinking Hopefully he breeds true

• 3 months later...

There is a school of thought that many of the Aulonocara peacocks are the same species. This little guy may be evidence of that theory.

There is a school of thought that many of the Aulonocara peacocks are the same species. This little guy may be evidence of that theory.

Hard to say where his coloration came from as eurekas are line bred. The really strange part was his growth rate was about 100 percent higher than his siblings. I am now finding some of his offspring are growing faster than normal also, I started with 17 and now have 5 left from one batch as the 5 outgrew the others so much they ate them.

The fish looks exactly like A. carolae "Swallowtail" young. Nice.

Cheers

:beer:

I have breed many batches of Eureka Peacocks and found much the same, some batches have really uneven growth and coloration rates, other batches from the same parents stay much more even.

From my experience most if not all of the 5 that out grew the others will be males.

I have been wondering if it is a temperature or PH related occurence?