test strips

Baos

Everyone on here seems to have an opinion that they are bad. And at least one popular brand I tried was completely useless. However I'm not completely sold that they are. After weeks of double checking results I started to trust jungle a little more.

Personally i won't use them as they are waaayyyyy to expensive not to mention unreliable at times. If i had the money and found a fairly reliable brand i'd use them to get a general sense of how things are in the tank but i'd continue to use the liquid ones when i want an accurate reading(ie; sick fish, algae growthl) and once a month or so to be sure things are sill A okay like the strips indicated or if a strip had a crazy reading on it..

Good luck

L

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've never tried strips...primarily use the standard liquid test kits; though I did 'run' a SeaChem pH and Ammonia card side by side in one of my tanks for a year or so, seemed accurate enough, and definitely faster to have a quick peek than work with the test kits...but keeping the fish from playing with them...thats a challenge. I was constantly having to reattach them to the side of the tank...didn't seem to matter where I put them, some fish love to play...