New babies

Wingin' It

Over the last few days i've noticed fry in two of my tanks!

First, a pair of J. Transcriptus have been breeding right under my nose! Those little fry cling so close to the dark rock that I didn't even notice them even when I've been staring straight at them...it took until one of them decided to venture away from the rock and me wondering, What the??!! Anyways, i'm uber happy about that!

Next, i've got a couple pairs of Sunspot Brevis that are breeding...the hard thing is that the fry are hiding so very well in the shells and the sand is the same color as the fry...good for them...not so good for me. I'm going buggy eyed trying to count 'em!

YAY!!!

Congrats on the fry. I know the buggy eyed feeling. My corydora weitzmani have bred and the fry are striped light cream and black and the rock is round and natural colored. Didn't see the fry until it was 1cm long. My guppies breed all the time so I thought it was a guppy fry on the bottom looking for food-nope it was a baby corydora and I was so shocked and surprised. Everyone likes fry-so good luck. :thumbs: :thumbs:

Grandfishma?? Humm...Can I put that on a resume?? LOL

some of my fry are 1cm now too! I can't believe I didn't see them for so freakin' long! I love those little Cory's! I have 7, but none of them have bred...to my knowledge ;) maybe I should look! lol

Grandfishma?? Humm...Can I put that on a resume?? LOL

some of my fry are 1cm now too! I can't believe I didn't see them for so freakin' long! I love those little Cory's! I have 7, but none of them have bred...to my knowledge ;) maybe I should look! lol

Yes, you can put that on a resume but it will brand you as a "fishnerd". I have pygmy cories and think that I might have more than I started with. Baby fish are so cute!!!