The good, the bad and the ugly!!!

lovely fish, what is the variety of the fish in the two last photos, red with blue lines. Is that for real or really good lighting? At any rate, simply lovely.

The last 2 are the Red Turqouise that I got from fish4fun(psst I think he may have some more for sale) and the lighting does make the blue "pop". Here is the ugly according to some people they just euthanize "cull" or stunted discus. I love them and here is a pic of the ugly sorry I forgot to add them( I love them the same if not more)

post-3726-1250135256_thumb.jpg

post-3726-1250135438_thumb.jpg

Only breeders will cull sub par fish.

How often do you do water changes and feeding?

I do water changes every 2 days 30% one and 50% the next, ect. I feed 4 times a day 8am NLS discus pellets, 12pm NLS flakes 5pm NLS discus pellets 9pm Hikari Frozen blood worms or Hikari frozen brine shrimp. They are in a 30 gallon hex right now with an XP3 filter. They will be moved to a 75 in the next 3 weeks once I get it set up for them and get the cichlids out. They are all an average of 3-4 inches. Or some breeders send them to LFS which is where some of mine came from. I love them the way they are, stunted, peppered doesnt matter to me.

I do water changes every 2 days 30% one and 50% the next, ect. I feed 4 times a day 8am NLS discus pellets, 12pm NLS flakes 5pm NLS discus pellets 9pm Hikari Frozen blood worms or Hikari frozen brine shrimp. They are in a 30 gallon hex right now with an XP3 filter. They will be moved to a 75 in the next 3 weeks once I get it set up for them and get the cichlids out. They are all an average of 3-4 inches. Or some breeders send them to LFS which is where some of mine came from. I love them the way they are, stunted, peppered doesnt matter to me.

Yeah, some breeders will. They call then "LFS quality" :P

Your feeding and water change regime sounds fine. They should grow out nice and big! Remember, no gravel in your 75g! You won't be sorry (much, much easier to clean.)

Yeah, some breeders will. They call then "LFS quality" :P

Your feeding and water change regime sounds fine. They should grow out nice and big! Remember, no gravel in your 75g! You won't be sorry (much, much easier to clean.)

All my tanks have sand in them except the 20 that is planted(eco complete substrate) and I do not regret getting rid of the gravel :tongue:

The last 2 are the Red Turqouise that I got from fish4fun(psst I think he may have some more for sale) and the lighting does make the blue "pop". Here is the ugly according to some people they just euthanize "cull" or stunted discus. I love them and here is a pic of the ugly sorry I forgot to add them( I love them the same if not more)

If they are "too ugly" and they just get rid of them, they need my phone number because I would definetly take them. Very, Very nice fish.