Good Day All form Calgary

dmkscott

Good Morning,

I have had plenty of aquariums in the past, the peverbial Gold fish when I was still wet behind the ears, guppies, Cichlids "Oscars, Angles, Dempseys, convicts etc."

I recently moved to an Acreage in Okotoks, with the additional yard space I plan on building a large Koi Pond. Purchased a 250 gallon aquarium to start my Koi, 6, 5" as of today. Wanted to fatten then up a little before spring," seen a blue heron in the area" so I want to try and get them large enough he will not devour them. Got the bud again, find it relaxing to sit back and enjoy the tanks activity.

Purchased a 50Gallon tank yesterday for a isolation tank for new purchases, came with a Marineland magnum 350, I have not used one in the past but seems to get good reviews on the net.

I have a Bobcat with an excavator attachment to dig my pond with, could not imagine digging a 5000+ gallon pond with a shovel or paying a greedy contactor to do it for me...

So if anyone needs a Hand excavating gimme a shout!!

Have a greatday,

Cheers,

Scott

Good Morning,

I have had plenty of aquariums in the past, the peverbial Gold fish when I was still wet behind the ears, guppies, Cichlids "Oscars, Angles, Dempseys, convicts etc."

I recently moved to an Acreage in Okotoks, with the additional yard space I plan on building a large Koi Pond. Purchased a 250 gallon aquarium to start my Koi, 6, 5" as of today. Wanted to fatten then up a little before spring," seen a blue heron in the area" so I want to try and get them large enough he will not devour them. Got the bud again, find it relaxing to sit back and enjoy the tanks activity.

I grew up on a farm in Saskatchewan, we had a dugout stocked with rainbow trout and lost significant numbers to the blue herons, I'm not sure you could grow the fish big enough that the heron wouldn't be able to eat them.

Edited by gdcox76

:welcome: to AA!! Wow I have a 125 gallon pond, no bobcat just me a shovel and a wheelbarrow(hubby didnt even help)no fish though just a waterfall made with flat rock harvested from a creek on my moms farm. Make sure and take lotsa pictures of the build.