I haven't seen my clown loach for days!

I recently added a clown loach in my tank about 10 days ago. At first he was out swimming and eating all the time.

But recently I haven't seen him out he is always inside a castle that is almost fully enclosed.

In my tank with him are a rainbow shark, 6 rainbow fish, 2 zebra loaches, and a gourami

Does anyone know way he is hiding all the time??

Have you checked behind your door. Sorry, thats were I found my loach after he disappeared for a week

Sometimes they jump out even through the smallest openings. so you might want to check around or behind your tank.

Sometimes they burry themselves in sand and poke there faces out where they cant be seen.

Or if he died in your tank it doesnt take long for bodies to disintegrate sometimes even 24 hours or less.

Good Luck

he could be hiding in that castle all the time because clown loaches are more 'happy' in groups of their own kind and are a schooling fish of sorts and maybe he is a scared lil fish all alone without more clown loach buddies to hang with. perhaps consider getting a large tank and have a group of them by themselves in a species tank, but do your research on numbers vs. tank size, and my apologies, i don't know enough about these loaches to help ya there, but i do know they get big!

how big is the tank he is in now?

Edited by BettaFishMommy