Cloudy Tank went to green now!

Good suggestion with the UV sterilizer. When I do the future plumbing in the new stand, it would be a great time to add one in-line.We don't want this to happen again if at all possible!

I don't really know what to think of the well water. This stuff has been tested in the past, and it is awesome water. All levels, P.H are good. It was a concern when we first started setting up tanks, and even the marine fish adapted fine. As well, we have done water changes on the other tanks since these problems began, they are all clear. But I know what you mean, well water would be a good starting point. I guess there is always a chance...

Will keep on slugging though, and keep you guys posted.

It's cool to know that help or suggestions are only one post away here! :rolleyes:

Rick is right, an ultra violet light unit worked into the plumbing would provide a continous solution. Petsmart on Macleod had some clearance units and bulbs about $120 for the unit and I think about 15 for extra bulbs. A uv unit is on the to-do list for my pond this year as well as much bigger pumps and multi stage wet dry filters. Harold

on some of the makes like Turbo Twist which I have you can buy the pond U.V unit cheaper than the aquarium model and the only difference is the input and output size. Just use a reducer andyou can save a bit of money. I ordered both the diatom filter and U.V unit and have used the diatom filter once. The U.V unit is the way to go IMHO. I use a 402 powerhead with prefilter attached hooke to the U.V unit and it works great.

Rick

Well, the tank has been covered for almost a week now. Doc Pilot lent us a H.O.T. Magnum filter, and it is making a difference. It is turning over the water once an hour, so obviously you could not use it independantly, but it is definately helping. I did break down and do a 30% water-change as well on Mon. Of course with all the blankets on, I didn't realize that we lost a 4" Grourami, until the cat and I smelled it! Figured a feeding and water change would definately be in order.

I added some phosphate control media into the other filter as well.

I will keep looking for some of the green water clarifier, PetLand was sold out.

Consider that filter sold Brad! That little thing will come in handy somewhere around here, for sure. Maybe add it to the sump design, along with the U.V. sterilizer.

Considering power windows, tilt steering, and cruise control too!! LOL

Will keep you guys posted, thanks alot for all the help. Maybe soon, I can get this tank onto a stand-it's running on the dining room floor!!! B)