What to do with a damaged 30G

jakel2k

• 4 weeks later...

A buddy of mine gave me a cracked 90g and a broken pain from a 100 so I cut the glass to fix the crack and all it cost me was a couple tubes of silicone and some time

I have also fixed a cracked 55g in the same manner the trick is to use enough silicone to adhere the pane together and then seal all around the new pane

A word of cauton ALWAYS test the repaired tank outside or in an area that if it does leak it won't hurt anything

Update:

So about 2 weeks ago I got rid of the tank. I already have two tanks set up and don't have the room. I'm also planning on getting a bigger tank in the next few months. I sold it at a yard sale and I feel good about it going for $20 to a kids for a lizard tank. Better going to good use rather than collect dust in the basement.

measure the thickness of your glass. Go to any glass shop and ask them to cut a piece to the size you need. Silicone it into place from the inside. Dont worry about the trim. Paint (Kryon -Fusion Spray Paint works best-made for painting glass) that side and the new back on the outside of coarse and that is all there is to it. Use aquarium safe silicone. For the amount you need you can purchase that at any LFS or from Home Depot or Rona.

Garhan

Edited by Garhan