Guess What I Found?!?!?!

MarkN

I have two holding Ngara Flametails that I decided to strip last night. Upon stripping the second one something odd popped out of her mouth. I finished with her and let her go then checked the bottom of the container, a Malaysian Trumpet Snail!!!! She must have picked it up after the male fertilized the eggs! Anyone ever seen this before?? The snail is still alive and I stripped her after 20 days or so! Crazy if you ask me!

Mark

MTS don't lay eggs. : ) They do start out pretty small though, so it could be the snail was in the gravel near her own egg when she picked it up, and it got sucked up too.

I just wonder what it ate the whole time it was in there? Maybe Mom should count her fry... :P

MTS don't lay eggs. : ) They do start out pretty small though, so it could be the snail was in the gravel near her own egg when she picked it up, and it got sucked up too.

I just wonder what it ate the whole time it was in there? Maybe Mom should count her fry... :P

Well I got 22 Fry out of her and she is a pretty small fish and they were all swimmers! So if it was eating eggs I can't imagine how many she would have had!

Mark