EBJD

Wingin' It

I was out browsing some of the LFS's today...and found some really gorgeous EBJDs at Gold's Aquarium...they're so tempting but of course I don't have room for them, but they're sooo sooo nice to look at. I also saw some nice Severums...the gold and red ones...man I wish I had more room...oh and money...hahaha

Anywho, just thought i'd mention it in case anyone is looking for 'new' blood or them in general.

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

I've recently picked up a 3" EBJD. From what I've read about them, they are susposed to be quite fragile, picky with water chem, easily stressed, not as tough as normal JD's etc etc etc. Day one, the little bugger jumped and knocked himself out on the top glass of my 55g. Fine the next day. Day 6 the 55g nitrite spiked like hell and my water quality crashed (the 55g went from 15 small fish to just the JD, cycle crashed.... my bad). The EBJD toughed it out til I realized what was going on and in the 'state of emergency' I was in, I put him in my 100g with (at the time) 30 Malawi Mbuna(still 3-4" but really vicious little buggers). For a couple weeks, the "fragile" EBJD did fine with the Mbuna, even shrugging off my male p. elongatus. Now he is happy in my 55g misfit tank with a Severum, a Venustus, a Jewel and a Malawi Blue Dolphin. I love this fish, it has quickly become my fav. Also, I believe Riverfront has some of these guys as well, and with their sale going on.......

• 1 month later...