another fish stuck in mouth of another fish help

Erin

Yesterday I put in some adult otos in with my goldfish because my tank was leaking and I needed to fix it. Now everyone left the gues alone, and I thought because they where all adults that everything would be ok because my gold fish weren't big enough to eat them. Well I guess no one told one of my goldfish. The oto has been "stuck" in the goldfishes mouth for almost 24 hours. Is there anything I can do? I know I messed up it was a learning curb, with the heat and my tank levels being normal I thought hey they should be fine for 24 to 48 hours while I fix the tank.

Do you think i can maybe pull the fish out or should I just wait some more or should I put the goldfish to sleep.... I'm sorta lost, any help would be great. Thanks.

Well I finally got it out... I would gentally pull, give him some water to breath then pull again. It looks like the little oto did a little damage but it doesn't look all that bad. I'll put him in my "medical" tank and treat him with a little melifix(sp?) to help with the healing and hope that all goes well. The oto was still alive, I put him in a net to put into a small medical tank and when I turned around he was gone :shock: I looked all around the floor and in the tank and he's no where to be found... I think maybe the dog got him... but it was only 30 seconds... weird!!!