Suprise discovery!

jvision

I had to tear apart my tank to catch some fish, and as I was doing so, I was suprised to discover my male WC Bristlenose guarding some eggs! I didn't want to chance trying to introduce the eggs back to the male, so I stuck them in a fry tank hoping that they'll hatch. Some have already hatched, but their yolk sacs are still huge. Hopefully, they make it!

:thumbs:

I had to tear apart my tank to catch some fish, and as I was doing so, I was suprised to discover my male WC Bristlenose guarding some eggs! I didn't want to chance trying to introduce the eggs back to the male, so I stuck them in a fry tank hoping that they'll hatch. Some have already hatched, but their yolk sacs are still huge. Hopefully, they make it!

So, I put the eggs in a fry tank w. some small calvus and a pair of green shrimp. The eggs were gone later the next day, so I figured the calvus had a snack. Well... today when I was doing a WC I saw a small fish swimming up the current from the HOB output. I thought, "that's weird for a calvus..." Upon closer inspection, it was a BN fry and there are about 10 more in behind the sponge on the intake! :w00t: