IF tank video

Baos

I don't know that you can shoot IR through a window, the window reflects the infra-red waves back at the camera.

My son is in the security monitoring business, I'll ask him about it. Is this a still camera or a security type?

Neat video Baos!

I don't know that you can shoot IR through a window, the window reflects the infra-red waves back at the camera.

I'm curious why this might be, since the glass of the tank didn't reflect back to the camera. If it did we wouldn't have a video to look at. : )

There is a slight white wash to the vid, so you are getting some IR reflection, but maybe not enough to be of consiquence.

I'd be interested to see a shot from inside to outside. I'm curious if the temp difference from inside to out would have an effect.

hey nice video, are those fry from 46seconds to a min 11?

Couldn't tell for sure

Not sure I understand the question exactly but heres what I have in my tank.

2 tetras(used to setup the tank)

corydoras sterbai

australherlos red ceibal F1 and F2 fry

BANJO CATFISH

FOUR LINE PICTUS

one squeaker

albino bristlenoses

Oh and as for the windows. the newer types are made to reflect IF and other types of heat but allow our visible light through. The same is not true for aquarium glass. I also found a window overlooking the fence that seems to have really old glass in my basement. However I can't find motion senser software for my tuner card. hauppauge pvr-150. I have tried lots of software but none seems able to pickup the video channel, and sometimes other channels for demo purposes. And the one 'coffeecup' that does can't seem to detect motion on some settings and it must e-mail the pictures to me, I can't just have it save the date and time.

Oh and as for the windows. the newer types are made to reflect IF and other types of heat but allow our visible light through. The same is not true for aquarium glass.

: ) Thanks for the explanation! Still cool to get that kind of night video of your tank.

hey nice video, are those fry from 46seconds to a min 11?

Couldn't tell for sure

Not sure I understand the question exactly but heres what I have in my tank.

2 tetras(used to setup the tank)

corydoras sterbai

australherlos red ceibal F1 and F2 fry

BANJO CATFISH

FOUR LINE PICTUS

one squeaker

albino bristlenoses

Oh and as for the windows. the newer types are made to reflect IF and other types of heat but allow our visible light through. The same is not true for aquarium glass. I also found a window overlooking the fence that seems to have really old glass in my basement. However I can't find motion senser software for my tuner card. hauppauge pvr-150. I have tried lots of software but none seems able to pickup the video channel, and sometimes other channels for demo purposes. And the one 'coffeecup' that does can't seem to detect motion on some settings and it must e-mail the pictures to me, I can't just have it save the date and time.

I swear I think I see fry eyes or something like a whole swarm of them. Sorry I dont know how I managed to put all those words together, they didnt make any sense.

It's a natural planted tank with black soil substrate and is a little turbid(lots of small particles). With my many diggers it gets stirred up a lot. Also the video was taken right beside a bubbler and down wind from the eheim spraybar. however if you still see little eyes it's possible the banjo catfish could have spawned.