Filtration for a Mbuna setup

Slew

I currently have 2 cannister filters running (Rena xp3 & jabeo) and a Hydor aerator. The problem is the aerator makes to much condensation on the tank hood (Aluminum hood) and water starts to drip down filter lines and cords onto the the floor. I want to remove the aerator, one cannister, add a tight fitting plexi-glass top under the hood and a hydor korilia 2 power head. Is it going be enough filtration? Is it bad to have a tight fitting top? It's a 75 gallon that will eventually have around 25 fish.

Thanks

i would always run two filters on any tank (unless it's an itty bitty 10 or under), just to play it safe.

why not throw two big AC hobs on there and drop the water level an inch or two for extra aeration? if you can stand the waterfall noise, that is. i find it soothing. both filters the same, easy to find media...... :thumb:

what size tank is that jabeo cannister rated for? you might go with the xp3 if you only want to run one filter.

How big is the tank? If it's a 90-200gal, an FX5 would be sufficient. There are several mods that can be done to make the filter more efficient.

But, really, if you just have teh spray bars from your current canisters pointing across (or one strait across and one slightly down), there will be enough circulation that you shouldn't need the bubbler. Just taking out hte bubbler will help your condensation problems.