Lost all my endlers in one night

Wackinator

Okay so heres a little background, I had 10 endlers that I got from a fellow AA member and another 7 or 8 tht I bought off a friend in a 20 gallon along with a handful of platies and another batch of endlers in my 5gallon, I also had 4 endlers in a 10 gallon with 2 baby multies for a couple of days as they seemed to be getting violent towards my other endlers and I woke up to find them all dead, in all the tanks, no major water changes or any thing that could have stressed them lately and they seemed to be doing good, a couple of females were looking pleasantly plump were prolly gonna release some babies soon, well I know this topic is posted in fish emergencies but its not really an emergency any more, I just need to know what happened, I dont get how they all died in the first place and then the million dollar question how did it happen in all my tanks? Damn this hurt me exactly where it hurts, the wallet >.<

I understand how messed up this post sounds but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Yikes that is terrible. One possibility is some kind of fume-paint,perfume or insecticide, or new ornaments? How are the other fish doing? Do you feed the same thing to all your tanks-maybe it was spoiled. We all hate fish mysteries related to deaths-only good fish mysteries are when you don't know what fish you have or find eggs or fry when they are unexpected. Sorry for your loss. Hope someone can help.

So only the endlers died, the rest of the fish in the tanks were ok?

I really dont' know what would only kill one species, in different tanks, all at the same time. Weird :boxed: Even if they were all sick with something like a bacterial infection, you wouldn't think they'd all died at the same time.

Yikes that is terrible. One possibility is some kind of fume-paint,perfume or insecticide, or new ornaments? How are the other fish doing? Do you feed the same thing to all your tanks-maybe it was spoiled. We all hate fish mysteries related to deaths-only good fish mysteries are when you don't know what fish you have or find eggs or fry when they are unexpected. Sorry for your loss. Hope someone can help.

No there were no insecticide or new ornaments, the only changes that had been made in the last week was removing a couple of the violent endlers and putting them together. Thanks for your help though.

Ive had a lot of mysterious death but this was the weirdest and its the most frustrating one too lol.

So only the endlers died, the rest of the fish in the tanks were ok?

I really dont' know what would only kill one species, in different tanks, all at the same time. Weird :boxed: Even if they were all sick with something like a bacterial infection, you wouldn't think they'd all died at the same time.

I know I searched it up and couldnt find anything on it either, but I found a dead platy today in my 20 gallon but apart from that everything seems fine.

I fed them before going to sleep so I know they were alive unless there were a couple I didnt notice missing and then in the morning they were all dead, I guess I should have taken a picture in case that would have helped but I had to bury the fish because my mom thought dozens of dead fish might screw up the plumbing somehow.