White Spot on African Knife and Rope Fish!

Zebra

Alright, so I just sold two clown loaches (rescues) just to find that they had given my rope fish and African knife white spot! My African knife only has a couple spots on his head but my rope fish has a dozen on his head and neck. I instantly raised the temperature a couple of degreees, to 27, and then another couple of degrees to 29 and will raise it more tomorrow. I also treated a half-dose (because of the scale-less African knife) of white spot medication containing malachite green and sodium chloride (salt) to the water. The white spot only came about overnight and as far as I could tell there wasn't any yesterday. I sure hope that this works. If anyone has suggestions, comments, or warnings please inform me.

Thanks,

Tom

Guest Master of Puppets

Where did you get them there's a store that as of now I'm not allowed to talk about anymore that has both these fish and they are kept in conditions I can't talk about either.

Why can't you talk about the store? The clown loaches were rescues and did not appear to have white-spot, but they were the only thing that changed in the tank. TNT Aquatica supplied the knifefish but it is far past the lifetime of white spot so I do not think it was that.

The only thing I would do on top of what you are doing is dose with the malachite green for five days. The reason is that the malachite green will kill the adult parasite in the two to three days stated on the bottle but the cysts which may be lying in the gravel bed need an extra few doses for proper penetration of the medication. As long as your dosage is correct as per species I have never seen any adverse reactions to doing the additional doses.