Fish in need of a rescue (Jack Dempsey and Green Terror)

Was just up at the NW Petsmart Beacon Hill to pick up some silicon tubing for a project of mine and just happened to see a couple of tanks stating they were free. Didnt see any signs of fin rot but couldnt really get a really good look at them since they were on the top row and were hanging out at the back of the tank mostly. Also didnt talk to anyone that works there about why they are free but its probably pretty self explanatory so I took a couple quick pics. I am guessing that they are beating each other up in such a small space as most of their fins are looking very chewed up and they havent been able to sell them.

I dont know much about these guys but know enough that I dont have a tank big enough for either and figured someone on here might be able to try and save these dudes. About 8-10 mid size (4-5 inches) Jack Dempsey and 4-5 mid size Green Terror Cichlids.

Jacks

Terrors

Hopefully someone on here has some room for them all. LMK

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I work for PetSmart and if we have a fish for too long and it grows too large for its tank, we simply give it away to anyone whom is interested and obviously has room for it. I picked up an albino tiger oscar because it had grown too large. Same thing for other animals as well, if they don't sell for a long time, the price eventually drops to zero and they get adopted out. I guess we don't make much of our money in live creature sales...but it would suck to keep them their forever

Edited by HoffeMan