Ordering from the USA

geleen

I am planning to order a bunch of power compacts (enough for a couple of years) from the states

If you want some in Edmonton let me know I can order more.

Does any one know if there are any border costs when shipped UPS?

Thanks John

Edited by geleen

mamma mia! lol

John, another thing to consider is that you will not "see" the brokerage fees (as well as any of the other hidden fees) from UPS until after the fact. Your vendor can only quote you the actual shipping cost, after that as an importer you are on your own.

Sounds to me that this may not be worth the effort; I would safe 25% but than there may unspecified charges, so who knows how much savings there might be.

Thanks for all your input.

John

Here are the UPS rates for customs clearance. Don't forget the actual duty, and the COD charge, and the residential delivery charge. Other couriers are about the same.

Customs clearance through the mail costs $5 plus the actual duty... but I've found that many times they don't even bother to process and collect it.

Just a question.....

Why would someone order from the states and absorb a lot of extra costs on fish or dry goods that appear to be 'cheap'

It appears that there is some money to be lost: extra fees and added potential of fish loss - buy at your own risk?

I would rather walk into my LFS and hand pick healthy stock and pay a little bit more. In reality...it is probably more cost effective.

Just my opinion on this topic and am curious to hear others.

Thanks

Edited by fshkpr4evr

Just a question.....

Why would someone order from the states and absorb a lot of extra costs on fish or dry goods that appear to be 'cheap'

It appears that there is some money to be lost: extra fees and added potential of fish loss - buy at your own risk?

I would rather walk into my LFS and hand pick healthy stock and pay a little bit more. In reality...it is probably more cost effective.

Just my opinion on this topic and am curious to hear others.

Thanks

Selection (More options)

Availability (LFS no stock)

Price (Current exchange rates vs LFS exchange rates can be huge, we both pay S&H)