LF tankmate

Koffy

I have an albino tiger oscar. He's about a year old. I've been having problems

Finding him a tank mate. He's been put with another oscar that was twice his size

And he just beat it up. He's alone now but I'd like to have more than one fish in a

Huge tank. So I'm wondering what other chiclids are out there that would be able to

Handle an agressive fish?

Hey Koffy,

Why do you want to find him another cichlid tank mate? Oscars are not schooling fish, they do not need company or tank mates to be happy. You have a adult tiger oscar that is probably quite content living by him self. He is the boss of that tank, so when you add another oscar, he attacks it because he is defending his territory and his tank. How big is your aquarium? I can recommend some tank mates based on the size of your tank.

I know it's not a cichlid but my oscars have always lived with a big common pleco. The first one died of old age. I didn't think that he cleaned the algae but the tank sure got some after. Threw another big ugly common pleco and "algae be gone". PS my oscars are a mated pair so that's why they can live together.

Sorry guess is should of said he was partnered w/ another oscar since he was little.

He's just not been the same since the other passed. (Had to be put down, plec I had sucked his side

At night) so I got a new home for the plec.

I currently have my o in the 50 gal hospital tank (main one cracked)

I'm getting a 100gal. And once everythings ready in the house all get a 300 hopefully.

I just hate having a "depressed" if that's right?? Fish. He still feeds but he's just not as active anymore

Hey Koffy,

Why do you want to find him another cichlid tank mate? Oscars are not schooling fish, they do not need company or tank mates to be happy.