200 gal sump pump

Treasurechest

We are upgrading our tank to a 200 gallon....and exciting....we are getting a 70 gallon sump tank with it. Now the pump should be cycling approx 1400-1500 gallons per hour with 6' to 7' head....The intake is 2" and will have two outputs....I cannot remember the diameter....I am pretty sure they are smaller....maybe 1" - 1 1/2" pvc.....The very nice man making the tank has offered to put a pump in but I wanted to do my research first. Can anyone help me ....I have looked at some of the pet store sumps...but they seem so flimsy....I have looked at home depot for submersibles and they seem more of what I am looking for....but Home Depot ...really?....also will the home depot pumps heat my water up lots? would it be better to go with a Eheim/Hagenish type pump? The nice man has offered a 1400 gallon sump but is is used....I think I would like something new for such an integral part of the tank....thoughts?

Check out a pond supply store if you want to actually hold your pump before you buy. Otherwise, J&L Aquatics or MOPS are good places to shop.

are you looking for an external OR internal pump?

who is building the tank for you?

Externals are generally more powerful, Iwaki makes a great external pump as does sequence.

for internal...the supreme mag drives 18, 24, 36 will do the job or quiet one 6000

I am looking for an internal pump....Bow Valley Aquariums is building the tank....we spent a couple hours there yesterday with Mitch...he has been building tanks for his whole life.....sometimes an f bomb falls out but very nice man...

thanks for the info....I will do my research....