not sure if im in the right place

Koffy

Not sure if this is the place to put this but ill give it a shot.

The wife has a dwarf clawed frog. She's asked me what else could go w/ it?

I'm clueless, I have oscars so? Any ideas? Oh he's in a little 10gal

I "inherited" a dwarf frog from a neighbour who came with some white clouds and I think I put a betta in there too. Everyone seemed to get along well and Ribit was tons of fun to watch.

are you positive that its a dwarf clawed frog? i have seen african dwarf frogs in the store that are actually african clawed frogs. there is a very large difference in these species but when they are small they look very similar. an african dwarf frog stays small and will get along very well in a small community tank. african clawed frogs on the other hand get fairly large and like the taste of other fish. i hope that this may help. as to telling the difference when they are small im not to sure. if you see that its growing very quickly to a size that is disproportionate to your fish remove the frog or i can almost guarantee that you will be missing someof your smaller guys.

I love the names you pick ....perfect as well as funny Thanks

I "inherited" a dwarf frog from a neighbour who came with some white clouds and I think I put a betta in there too. Everyone seemed to get along well and Ribit was tons of fun to watch.

I've kept dwarf frogs with neons and endlers which worked out good. Dwarf frogs are pretty crappy competitors for food, basically taking the scraps on the bottom. I wouldn't keep them with barbs or catfish that feed vigorously on the bottom. A couple times a week I would feed them frozen blood worms to make sure they were getting enough food. They ate flakes pretty well and lived for 2-3 years. We took them out for the kids to play with quite a bit. We had five, once the kids dried one out we'd catch another and start over. They're fast little suckers... drying out slows em' down. We had a blast with them. The kids loved it.

I am 99% sure this guys a dwarf. He's not grown a bit. Gotten fatter but no size change. And I've done some research and they are aquatic frogs. We have never taken him out. (Well once he hopped out of his cleaning dish) but I'm sure 5 seconds wouldn't hurt him. I was thinking maybe a small snail could work??