Asian Green Community

pagani

No My buddy traded me a Jardini for the silver, the Jar could barely swim and died, my bichir or rays ate it. That same friend also told me it would be fine in my tank and get along with every fish in the tank, even though I knew he was full of crap I still took it.

No My buddy traded me a Jardini for the silver, the Jar could barely swim and died, my bichir or rays ate it. That same friend also told me it would be fine in my tank and get along with every fish in the tank, even though I knew he was full of crap I still took it.

I am full of crap? :rolleyes: I don't know whats in your tank, you change fish all the time. I said it would not die as in it was healthy, I did not say anything about nocturnal predatory fish eating a 3'' arowana.. It was healthy in the tank I had it before I traded him. One of your fish ate it. If you really wanted to keep it alive, you should of grown it out until it was at least 5''.

Looking good

From the little ive looked into aro's over the last year Jardini was usually labeled as a type that should be in its own tank alone? and no tank mates are really appropriate? That sucks that you lost it though, a lot of this fish stuff includes steep learning curve.

jardni's tend to be quite aggressive

Yeah, but at 3'', they are defenseless. They are more aggressive, but when it comes down to it, its all about the tank size and the individual fish. I have seen jars with other fish. I have also see jars that would kill anything you put with it.

Well out of all the arowanas i've kept the Jardini is by far the most agressive and i've had a few 4 silvers, 2 blacks, 3 jardinis, 2 sun spot lechardi, and asians, Jars are mean....I'm really glad to see my old Aro looking so good keep it up Pagani... Sure you don't want some servums or another catfish? maybe a dat or two....lol