New Aquarium - Confused.

Hey,

I recently aquired a new aquarium - 120g it was sooo cheap that I couldn't pass it up considering the shape that it's in the guy wanted it gone gone asap! I've never seen this sort of filtration system on an tanks that I've ever had. The filter system is inside the light canopy in the back!?!?! I have all the plumbing and 2 power heads and I mean I got a truck load of stuff with this thing. Anyone have any idea how to set this thing up!? I know it's tough without pictures and I'll provide them if needed.

Thanks,,

Jordan

Head over to AquaGiant and see their set-ups - sounds similar. I think they use the powerhead to push water up into the canopy.

I"ve got everything plumbed and working apart from the filtration system - 3 - 39w T5 bulbs 1 power head, 1 bubbler, I'm not too sure what's up with the 2nd power head. I'm not off the pump going into the filtration system is the down spout just like any other Hang on the back filter and there is another nozzle with a clear piece that goes horizontal into the tank would that be the water intake? or is the down pipe the intake this it totally backwards to me.

I'm pretty sure the Powerhead pushes water into the horizontal part. I've never had one of these tanks, but I've seen a few in opperation. It's pretty common in many of the AquaGiant tanks. If you can't make it down to the east side any time soon, maybe call the person you bought the tank from and ask how they had it set up.